Interested in writing for For The Church? We are looking for blog posts and short articles that fall into one or more of the following categories:
Pastoral — Written by and/or for current ministry leaders, providing gospel-centered encouragement to those eager to see the church grow in spirit and mission and glorify Jesus Christ.
Practical — Give us a plan for how to address a problem or issue in the Christian life or ministry. Diagnose the heart of the issue and root your application in the finished work of Christ. We are looking for practical, not pragmatic.
Devotional — We are looking for content that helps us treasure Christ more greatly, know him more deeply, and orient around his gospel more stubbornly. Biblical reflections, theological meditations, or spiritual illustrations. Help us enjoy grace and delight in God.
Within those three general parameters, there are lots of possibilities for topics and texts to explore. We are prioritizing the Christian ministry and the Christian life.
Suggested word count 300-1,000 words.
Please review our About page for site mission and values.
- All submissions must be in conformity with the Baptist Faith and Message (2000).
- Be clear and sound, but write with excellence and creativity.
- Solid and theologically sound ideas are a must, but solid ideas written excellently have best chance of publication.
- No academic papers or journal entries.
- Please do not send a “pitch.” We are interested in complete articles/posts only.
- Please proofread your submission carefully, or have a trusted editor review it for you. Submissions with multiple typos or other errors in opening paragraph will not be read any further.
- Please allow a few weeks for response. Thanks for your patience!
Email your submission in Word format to [email protected]. In the email please also include the following information:
- A brief explanatory note and a short bio including name and (if applicable) title or ministry position, academic credentials, publishing history, ministry experience, and family stats.
- Contact information (name, address, email, phone, social media handles)
We do not offer compensation for resources submitted to For The Church.